Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Laughlin -- a Road Less Traveled

You know what they say how to make God laugh...tell him your plans...

I was thinking about going to Sedona to meet up with Sol Sisters (Girlz who had gone to Graceland) then riding to Laughlin with them. I was afraid that if I went to Sedona I might be frustrated when everyone went to eat at McDonald’s.

Red rocks, vortices's, hiking, yoga, swimming holes, good places to eat such as their Indian restaurant, or the Thai place, plus some cool cafes, art gallaries, etc.-- all stuff I usually partake in while in Sedona. I didn’t want to ride all the way there and not get to do some of the things I like to do there. I could ride there on my own lateron in the summer so I decided to conserve my energy and plan to meetup in Laughlin for a relaxing couple days and celebrate the fourth of July. My plan was to ride to Laughlin on the 3rd and meetup with Sol Sisters/GtG (catching up with their itinerary).

Ever since I got home Tuesday June 24th, I’ve been looking forward to getting back on the road again and rejoining the Girlz. A few days ago I sent an email out to the group asking if anybody was willing to let me crash in their room on the fourth. The only hotel with a room still available was $300. so I was hoping for a roommate to come forth. However, the email replies I got back changed everything.

It seems the group had split up and along with the disbanding of the GtG,
the plans for spending 4th of July in Laughlin was abandon as well !
Reading between the lines I can only imagine everyone was getting burnt out and less anxious to follow the designated route; more anxious to go straight home.

I’m always shocked when people decide things and fail to consult me ! The whole world is operating on this level-- hardly anybody consults me before they make plans, change plans, etc. What’s with that ? If only president Bush would have consulted me on certain events.

I’m bummed I am not going to get to celebrate the fourth by meeting up with GtG. This holiday weekend the road to and from Luaghlin shall be less traveled.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So nobody consults you? I know the feeling! Sometimes things just work out the way they are supposed to. Maybe this is true in this case?