Friday, June 20, 2008

"Is this the real life or is it just fantasy ?  Call it a landslide, escape from reality.  Open your eyes and look up to the skies and see: I'm just a poor girl.  I need no sympathy...any way the wind blows, it doesn't really matter to me...."

The above is to some extent part of the lyrics from Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.  I like a good rap just like the next girl but sometimes my waking dreams are not as great as my unconscious ones...and yet sometimes they are better.  I like what the late great psychologist Carl Jung said about Paramahansa Yogananda's book, the classic Autobiography of a Yogi.  Jung said it offered "undreamed of possibilities".

The wonderful thing about a road trip is that it is a grand adventure and often the most precious parts we are most proud of are those ones that were totally unpredictable.  May the Graceland trip be full of divine interventions for the band of road divas.  


1 comment:

Jean Di Carlo-Wagner said...

Living is an artform...we are all artist, creating and envisioning, dreaming and doing. In Non-Consensus
Reality, we have a chance to experience our eternal selves. As we
slip in-between the layers of reality, into the fourth dimension and beyond, we find our spirits. Happy that you fly free on your bike!
I send my spirit self to ride alongside the Godduss....