Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Preface; what this blog will be about

I'm the queen bee of potential & procrastination ! I meant to start this blog 1-2 years ago after being diagnosed with cancer but it never quite got off the ground. I have a ton of files and notes but couldn't decide how up close and personal I was willing to share or exactly what direction(s) to take. Now, that my clan (Sol Sisters, the San Diego chapter of Women in the Wind- motorcycle club) is making a trek to Graceland I've decided to finally throw something out there.

I'm going to try to tie in my love and therapy of yoga & motorcycles with tagging along for part of the Girlz of Graceland trip and how it is all part of my journey of battling cancer. My quest is to not just survive but to really be able to thrive. I will strive to create a sense of intimacy from the interstate and the internet and any place in between. I enjoy heartfelt connections with people in many ways so please don't hesitate to contact me and or make a comment. I cannot promise how much or how fast I'll get back to you but in the meantime I do hope to at least entertain you a little with tales of hardtails, softtails, critters with tails, and occasional pics and poems.

My identity seems to reinvent itself daily. In fact during the last couple of years I've shapeshifted; I've gone from a fit athletic figure with luscious long hair tickling my hips...to a chubby chick with hair that is shorter but perhaps softer than that of a kitten. Some days I appear super healthy while other days I can't even muster the energy to get out of bed or get dressed. At this moment I'm off to my office (a Complementary/Holistic Health center) to give an acupuncturist a yoga therapy session to help her heal her broken leg. I'm a queen bee dedicated to Elvis and everything good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well it looks as though you have a number of great things going on in your life! You have friends, a passion for what you do and many people, including me, who care deeply about you. We never know or can choose how long our journey is, we can only choose how much we make of it. It seems to me you are choosing well.