Monday, June 23, 2008

Wake up and Smell the OCD

Woke up this morning in Roswell, NM and had 108 epiphanies. First I worried how could I get the only jeans I have with me (the only jeans that I can actually pour myself into still) dry (rode in steady rain last night and while wet jeans was almost appealing as it might help me stay cool on my ride today-- there is no way to stuff myself in soaked denim), then I thought I better call my Sol Sister Anita back and confirm that I'm in town but at the wrong hotel, next I tried to decide if I could get away with going to the UFO museum and still have time to ride to Tuscon before sunset. My thoughts run about a million miles a second. Finally after deciding to only do a little yoga this morning I realized how foolish it would be to not do what I could to go to the museum and hang with my biker sisters. Even if I only stay for 15 minutes it would be worth it to have to rush on the road. I chose to be a goddess of time management and mantra invocation as I got my jeans dried in the hotel dryer, touched base with Sol Sister hotel, and made it to the museum with little mayhem.

I relished the UFO museum. So much information and documentation it was fascinating. I am glad I went. One less thing to regret. I rode off into what eventually was the sunset and arrived in the Tuscon area (over 400 miles) swiftly. I found a hotel with a jacuzzi and while soaking away tiredness and soreness I noticed something in the sky...is it a bird, a plane. a UFO ? They were bats !

I'm on my way home to San Diego tomorrow and shall post pics and road stories (look for descriptions of riding under huge rainbow, meeting a lovable older couple that we could have chatted for hours about motorcycles and Elvis with, and adventures in heat exhaustion ...maybe I'll even make the multiple McDonalds stops seem to you envious if I can express it all right). My greatest epiphany was I'm alive and feeling well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read more!
xo, Claudia

Anonymous said...

What a joy to read your posts! Living
on the road with you (in spirit); wet blue jeans, UFO's, meeting others...what an adventure!adventures within adventures...mind, body, spirit..when we live in our breathing, we are doing yoga. Safe home...angels beside you, in front, above and below...angels singing...