Thursday, June 26, 2008

Itineraries

Above is my itinerary. In bold is the portion I completed. I would like to make Sedona (one of my favorite places of all times that I used to ride to on average once a month) but not sure yet about going there. I do plan on by all means riding to Laughlin, NV.

Above is the itinerary for the Girlz to Graceland. Typically riding 400 miles should take 8-9 hours depending on if there is a lunch break, etc...
I think the two days I rode with the girlz it took 13+ hours to get to our stop-over destination.
Despite over planning, the variables of not only weather (heat, rain, heavy winds, etc.) but the inevitable scattering and socializing of just over a dozen women takes it's toll. A few women line up for the bathroom while others check their blackberry, and some start buying cheeseburgers and or shop for souvenirs. Cycle chicks are powerful yet many still are bound by the seduction of multi-tasking to the point of spacing out on real time and the structure of road time management. I believe once when the videographer was aiming the camera at me when we were scrambling to leave a(nother) Mc Donald's I exclaimed "this group is fearless and fabulous, now if we could all just be on time !".

No comments: